Exercises on stationary bikes are useful for our body to keep it fit. To make it more effective, you have to do it regularly as like 2- 3 days per week. Many tricks can make your workout more beneficial.
There are many ways of conditioning. Each of the techniques is for an individual goal. To know about how to exercise on a stationary bike, you should go through this article.
1. Right Position:
To get a productive workout, you need to focus on your seat. You should sit according to your waist, and if the pedals are slightly down, you should bend your knees 5-10 degrees.
The more you lean forward, the more you will get power for cycling, but it is not very comfortable. So it would help if you tried to get the ability with comfort. If you sit straight and your back is in 180 degrees, you will get maximum comfort and minimum cycling power.
But if you lean forward 225 degrees, you will get more energy than before. And if you incline your back 275 degrees and you will get minimum comfort but maximum power. So, you can choose any of these positions according to your goal.
2. Things You Should Know Before You Start Exercise On Stationary Bikes:
Before you start the workout on stationary bikes, you should do and know some kinds of stuff. As given follow-
- First, you need to know how to use an exercise bike. Every bike has different indicators like pulse, watt and RPM, BPM, and calories. So, you need to understand what the uses of those are.
- Then you need to choose your training mode, and you need to select one in your bike according to your need and strength. An ideal range of pedaling per minute is 80- 100 rounds for beginners; then, if your cycling power increases, you can increase the range.
- It would help if you also went for a comfortable resistance level according to your intensity.
- If you don’t want muscle twinge, you should make a recovery warm up. After an intense workout, you should do gentle cycling like 70- 80 RPM for 5 minutes. And then stretch your muscles for another 5 minutes.
- There several zones of heart rate for indoor Exercise. If you want to lose weight, you should be at a low heart rate zone. But if you need to improve your performance, you should be at a high rate zone. You should know your MHR (Maximal Heart Rate) with a formula to have a great exercise. If you are new, do not try to reach your maximal heart rate that could be dangerous.
For male = 220 – your age
For female = 226 – your age
Before starting the workout, the warm-up is an important part. You should warm up yourself for at least 5- 10 minutes. First 5 minutes, you have to do stretching and other 5 minutes you should pedal at low speed.
3. Diet and Drinks during Your Exercise:
For an effective workout, we should know how to exercise and know our proper diet and drink.
When you work out, you lose energy to fill your strength you should eat carbohydrates such as rice and proteins like eggs, milk, etc. if you want to lose your weight, you can eat bread, banana smoothie, porridge, cheese, etc. you should have balanced diet.
You should not only focus on your diet; also drink water, which is essential for your exercise session. You should drink water at least 2- 3 sips frequently every 10- 15 minutes when you are exercising. Do not let your throat dry. If you work out less than 1-hour water is enough for you, but if you do it more than 1 hour, you should have an energy drink that will hydrate you.
Indoor exercises on stationary bikes are among the best ways to be fit, lose weight, and increase your strength. As it is an indoor workout, you don’t have to go out.
All you have to do is sit on the exercise bike and pedaling. But to receive more benefits you should know the stuff we discussed above so that you can gain most of the advantage in less time.